Field Trip: Zambia 2018
-World Bicycle Relief’s Immersion Trip-
Join us on a journey to Zambia! This October, we invite you to experience the many ways our bicycles empower individuals and communities in rural Africa. You’ll connect with the people you have mobilized and discover the impact of your support firsthand.
- Program begins on October 6, 2018 and ends on October 13, 2018
- Minimum fundraising commitment of $1,470 (10 Buffalo Bicycles) due before trip departure
YOUR FIELD TRIP WILL FEATURE:
- Building a Buffalo Bicycle with a local assembler.
- Riding the bicycle you built alongside the people you’ve helped empower.
- Discovering how dairy co-op members are able to bring more milk to the co-op with a bicycle.
- Hearing from healthcare workers about the bicycle’s transformative power, as they visit more patients daily and spend more time with them.
- Witnessing a young student ride off into a new world of opportunity at a bicycle distribution.
Program Fee: USD $3,900 per person
- This covers food, local transportation, and accommodations. It does not include airfare or costs associated with international travel (passport, visa, immunization, insurance, etc.), pre- or post-trip accommodations, or souvenirs or other personal items.
- This payment is not tax deductible.
Fundraising Commitment: $1,470
- These funds are tax deductible.
Interested in joining us? Visit WBR’s event page or send an email to Mary Beth at mbjohnson (at)worldbicyclerelief(dot)org.
YOUR ZAMBIAN EXPERIENCE
During Field Trip: Zambia, you’ll witness what it’s like to race the sun as it rises and sets across the beautiful, acacia-lined horizon. You’ll experience the vast, dusty distances that people travel each day by foot to reach schools, clinics, and markets. As you ride over the rugged terrain, you’ll feel the dramatic difference that a strong, purpose-built Buffalo Bicycle makes in the life of a student or healthcare worker.
When you participate in a school bicycle distribution, you can expect to be welcomed with vibrant music, dance, and song. The joy and excitement of the crowd is both overwhelming and unforgettable.
After celebrating new bicycles and new beginnings, you’ll travel to the home of a student. As you settle into conversation, you’ll hear stories about the real struggles of daily life in rural Zambia.
On this once-in-a-lifetime trip, you’ll see that Zambians continue to find ways to thrive with bicycles despite their daily challenges. Come and be inspired by the beauty of this rich landscape and the resilience of the people you will meet.
MINIMUM FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT
As a Field Trip: Zambia participant, you will raise a minimum of $1,470 (10 Buffalo Bicycles) to create an even greater impact in the communities where WBR works. We’ll provide the tools and resources you’ll need to make your campaign successful and fun! Fundraising is due before trip departure.